Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Republican Freeloaders

Who are these 'hard working Americans' who are so upset about paying taxes? They keep saying, "Why should I have to pay more when I've worked hard to be successful"

I'm getting really impatient with this blindness.

I'm in or near the top level of income in this country, the level that might have taxes raised. I have always worked hard for every nickel I earned, and as a single parent since my kids were babies, proudly provided for my family. I went from being broke to being okay, becoming comfortable. But what's this about taxes?

I am, you are or will be, successful bcz of free schools&teachers, roads & bridges, our military, you know the rest. People who scratch by can't pay. I know. I was one of them. Because I got the benefits of being an American citizen, and because of the graduated income tax, I stopped scratching by. Now, I can afford to pay my way.

And I want to. Thank you, America.

No, I'm not rich. My taxes might not change at all. But if I get more successful, and I might, I'll happily pull out that checkbook and pay my taxes.

Those are my roads and bridges and rivers and that's my air. Those people hurt by Katrina, fighting overseas, are my countrymen.

I'm sick of corporate welfare and theft, the military industrial lobbyist corporate complex bleeding us white -- and I'm sick of the people who back up that corruption selling the lie that you 'should hang on to what you work hard for,' when they're really trying to get you to vote for them -- and you're foolish enough to think you're voting for yourself.

You love this country? You're proud of it? You have opportunity here unlike anywhere else? Well then, pay your way. Quit freeloading. Quit asking for the welfare that you resent when it's given to people who haven't had your opportunities.

My feelings about whiney conservatives and Republicans aren't getting any more positive, I'm sorry to say. I respect people who work hard and understand the support they've been given, and are proud to pay their way.

No comments: